activemq-users mailing list archives

From Sandeep Chayapathi <>
Subject Re: Stomp - messages not received (using perl client)
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:02:42 GMT
Hi all,

 Did some more tests, this time using the ProducerTool and ConsumerTool,
provided in the activemq examples. Using the stomp perl client, I was
able to send messages to a queue and the ConsumerTool would read back
all the messages.

 However, when I used the stomp perl client to read the messages, I
found that the messages were not removed from the queue.

 Has anyone had this issue earlier? Do I need to send addtional messages
to the activemq server, to indicate a successful read ?

 I have followed other conversations here, but all of them seem to
indicate that such issue would be sorted out by turning off:

while connecting []

 How do I do this via stomp, can I send this as an additional header,
while connecting ? also Im using activemq 4.0.1.

- Sandeep

>  I just started using ActiveMQ4.0.1. To begin with, Im using the STOMP
> protocol, via the perl client.
>  I have a test script ( that generates 10 messages, @ 1 message
> per second (destination: /queue/FOO.test). Another script (,
> tries to read these messages from ActiveMQ, in a while(1) loop.
>  What I found was that the would get every 2nd message!
>  Also, using the "browse" script, provided by activemq, I found that the
> destination contained all the 10 messages. Subsequent runs of do
> not pull any messages at all. Any help to sort this out is appreciated.
> Thanks.

View raw message