activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Litton, Tom - CEPM" <Tom.Lit...@cepm-us.com>
Subject RE: Session closed after a while(random)
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:32:44 GMT
Another option would be to change the session.close() call to create an Exception instance
and print (or log) its stack trace.  Probably not as good as a debugger, but it's another
option.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiv Jivan [mailto:sanjiv.jivan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:13 PM
To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Session closed after a while(random)

You can attach your debugger to the Java process on the remote machine and
set the breakpoint on the session.close() call. Once the breakpoint it hit,
you can examine the call stack in your debugger.

Use the JPDA socket JVM args when starting your Java process. Eg :  -Xdebug
-Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

On 7/13/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:

> That's great but this usually happens on the remote machine, after a few
> days :)
>
> James Strachan wrote:
> > Maybe try run your code in a debugger and set breakpoints in the
> > ActiveMQSession class to see where & why the session gets closed? (The
> > code's pretty easy to follow, its a relatively simple class).
> >

> > On 7/13/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
> >> James, do you want the sources or can you recommend me some actions? To
> >> create the session all the time, not to cache it?

> >> right?

> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html

> >> source code

> >> start to