activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAM, CPU and Internet Connection
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:41:04 GMT
The best way to answer all of this is just to try it - its really easy
to try out these scenarios using the maven performance plugin...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html

RAM usage shouldn't be hugely different on different processors/OSes
though the 64 bit nature of Opteron/Athlon JVMs on Java 5 could have
an effect.

(When testing I'd run the broker on another box to the producer/consume clients)

On 6/28/06, z247 <nabble@zurplus.com> wrote:

> If using ActiveMQ for 1,000-10,000 concurrent users sending small <1k
> messages what would be the optimal RAM, CPU and Internet Connection?
>
> How would you weight the relative importance of RAM, CPU and Internet
> connection? Would a 1000Mbps connection be overkill or would it reduce the
> RAM requirement? Would a dual Opteron box need the same amount of RAM as a
> P4?
>
> Thank you
> --

James