activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whether ActiveMQ supports mutiple connection at a same time
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:39:08 GMT
BTW do you have a stack trace?

You can create as many connections as you like. though typically you
generally only need 1 connection, but create many sessions &
producers/consumers as its the session & producer/consumer which
defines the concurrency model. There's not a big deal from a
concurrency perspective of 2 sessions on 2 connections versus 2
sessions on the same connection

On 6/23/06, Balakumar Narayanasamy <balakumar1982@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my application, there are multiple threads push messages to input queue.
> These thread takes a file from a directory and add the file to input queue.
> So i am using multi threading concept to read the file and pushing its name
> to input queue.
> Problem which i am facing is if number of file in directory is high, then my
> JMS throws UNCategorized Exception named UNManagedConnectionException. If
> increase my polling time relative to number of input files, i am not getting
> that exception. But increasing polling time reduced my application
> performance.
> Currently i believe there is only one connection made to MQ at a time.
> Kindly let me if there is any possibilty of openning a multiple connection
> to MQ at a point of time. i.e., whether MQ can itself handle synchronization
> when mutiple threads are acting on it.
> Thanks in advance...
> --

James