activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection questions
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:49:17 GMT
On 6/22/06, Kuppe <kuppe@360t.com> wrote:

> Thanks James for the reply.
>
> Regarding the client reconnection issue, can you please explain the
> relationship between the tcp transport option connectionTimeout in relation
> to wireFormat option maxInactivityDuration? And then again in relation to
> the tcp transport option soTimeout?

connectionTimeout is the timeout used to establish a TCP connection.
soTimeout is the socket configuration option for timeouts on an open
socket. maxInactivityDuration is a transport level timeout we use to
decide if a transport is dead - which has nothing to do with sockets
per se - its a good way to double check your sockets are doing what
they think (as some OSSs do funny things with socket timeouts etc)

--

James
-------