activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote Queues - How to?
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 05:22:25 GMT
On 6/21/06, sensar <sensar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie

Welcome!

> We have a java application that needs to interact with an external
> application. We have currently MQ series on either end. We send 'questions'
> to a remote queue. This is the queue in the external app but defined as a
> remote queue on our MQ series, we send messages to this queue on our side
> which internally forwards it to the remote queue. The external app send the
> 'answer' to our local queue.
>
> Now we are looking to replace MQ series on our end. I am trying do a
> proof-of-concept so that we can be confident of replacing MQ series with
> AMQ.
>
> Specific questions are
> 1) How to setup a remote queue in AMQ such that when sent a message it
> automatically reaches the queue in the remote broker

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing here...

(i) do you want to have a JMS client send/receive messages on a queue
hosted in a broker on another machine? If so this is  straightforward
out of the box ActiveMQ - run a broker, connect to it via a URI and
use JMS...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/run-broker.html

(ii) or do you want your JMS client to subscribe to ActiveMQ broker A
which then causes a subscription on ActiveMQ broker B so that a
publisher connected to B publishing messages on queue FOO will end up
being delivered to your client on A.

If its (i) its straightforward; if its (ii) you just need to create a
store and forward network between brokers A and B

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/networks-of-brokers.html

Then have a publisher send messages on some queue name on B then
subscribe on A with the same queue name and it should all just work.

> 2) How to define a channel.

What do you mean by a channel?

--

James