activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Temporary Queue behaviour with Networks of Brokers
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:33:34 GMT
On 6/19/06, red3 <alan.biggs@aeso.ca> wrote:
> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 6/16/06, red3 <alan.biggs@aeso.ca> wrote:
> >> What about queue clean up? Are we correct in assuming that temporary
> >> queues
> >> should be cleaned up when no longer in use?
> >
> > Temporary queues should be deleted when the connections close.
> >

> Is it possible that in the request/response scenario of Lingo that the
> response is coming back though a different broker to the one the request was
> made through, and that the client is not receiving the response through the
> broker the original request was made on, thus timing out?
> (We sometimes see "Destination no longer exists" errors.)
>
> Or. perhaps, the temporary queue is being removed too quickly?
>
> Or, more generally, do you see any fundamental issues with using Lingo as a
> client to a Broker Network?
> Are the two compatible?

There could well be gremlins we've not explicitly tested for when
using request-response with temporary topics/queues with networks -
but in theory it should work.

The ideal is of course that the producer and consumer are on the same
broker so that things are simpler. Wiith networks and Lingo things
should only go over store and forward hops if there is no consumer
available - so the easiest way to fix things is to ensure each broker
has a good mix of producers and consumers so it rarely has to hop from
broker to broker.

Incidentally if you are using networks as a way of implementating
master/slave failover its better to use this instead of networks...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/masterslave.html

networks are really only intended when you really need store/forward
functionalty (such as producers are in one LAN and consumers are in
another).
--

James
-------