activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.0 failed to start in embbeded mode
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:58:37 GMT
unfortunately the real exception is a stack frame down so I can't
comment further. I suspect its that the directory can't be created for
Derby's file system.

A quick hack to fix it is

broker.setPersistent(false);

Another option is to make a directory for the data files and set the location...

File dir = new File("foo");
dir.mkdir();
broker.setDataDirectory(dir);

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerService.html#setDataDirectory(java.io.File)

On 6/19/06, bbernard <bbernardinus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just started to play around with ActiveMQ 4.0 on winXP with sun jdk
> 1.5.0_07, following the instruction on as follow:
>
>         BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
>         // configure the broker
>         broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
>         broker.start();
>
> I have included incubator-activemq-4.0.jar only in my classpath. Adding
> derby-10.1.1.0.jar didn't help either. When starteing with the script
> provided in bin/ things work just fine.
>
> I must have missed some obvious point, since I got exception (please someone
> point out my error?):
>
> Jun 19, 2006 10:35:27 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService getBroker
> INFO: ActiveMQ 4.0 JMS Message Broker (localhost) is starting
> Jun 19, 2006 10:35:27 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService getBroker
> INFO: For help or more information please see:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
> java.io.IOException: Failed to create database 'derbydb', see the next
> exception for details.
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport.java:42)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.TransactionContext.getConnection(TransactionContext.java:58)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.createAdapter(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:229)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.getAdapter(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.start(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:139)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.start(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:215)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:930)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:888)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:458)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.addConnector(BrokerService.java:143)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.addConnector(BrokerService.java:133)
>         at
> com.ic.ntn.message.HelloWorld$HelloWorldBroker.run(HelloWorld.java:92)
> Caused by: SQL Exception: Failed to create database 'derbydb', see the next
> exception for details.
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
> [...]

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/