activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP Authorization
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:17:07 GMT
On 6/14/06, ngcutura <ngcutura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to configure (with existing modules) LDAP authorization?
>
> It is clear to me how to achieve LDAP authentication but I would also like
> to use LDAP to store access privileges instead of having them in AMQ config
> file.

We've all the plugins to make it fairly easy to slot an implementation
of this into ActiveMQ - but we have no implementation just yet :)

We basically need an implementation of the AuthorizationMap interface...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/security/AuthorizationMap.html

which uses LDAP/JNDI to find the available ACLs for a given
destination. Then we can just configure that on the
AuthorizationPlugin.

We welcome contributions if anyone fancies taking a stab at this
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html
--

James
-------