activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq 4.0 startup
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:11:53 GMT
I think Hiram was referring to your comment...

> so the problem can be very easily reproduced --i.e. whenever I remove some
of the log files from active-mq directory to save space.

Basically you should not remove some of the log files in the
activemq-data directory - they are important journal files which are
required.

If disk space is really tight then you can configure ActiveMQ to use
fewer & smaller log files at the expsense of performance; though its
recommended you get a bigger hard drive as they are so cheap :)

On 6/13/06, Sun J Lee <sun.lee@quadriserv.com> wrote:

> I removed the whole activemq-data directory -- i.e. rm -rf activemq-data
>

> Sun
>
> --

James
-------