activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recovering after failure in Master/Slave configuration
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:08:15 GMT
On 6/12/06, ENP <prokopiev@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read http://www.nabble.com/HA-system-design-t1747970.html and was confused
> by manual recovering procedure.
>
> What need I do after master hardware failure? Need I install new server,
> configure it as slave, reconfigure last slave as master and restart both?
>
> What need I do after master network connection failure? Need I restore
> connection, reconfigure last master as slave, last slave as master and
> restart both?

If a master fails then clients automatically fail over to the slave
which becomes the new master.

If a master goes down due to hardware failure and you want to bring it
back up again on some other machine, take the slave (which is now the
master) down, copy its persistent files to another machine and start
the master and slave back up again.

--

James
-------