activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting more debug information?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:04:40 GMT
On 6/8/06, pauldale <paul.dale@traxon.com> wrote:

> >> Perhaps a user's guide?
> > I'm afraid not.
>
> If I were to write up a skeleton "getting started" sort of document with
> indications of where things are a bit hazy would you (or someone else?) be
> willing to flesh it out?

Definitely! How about starting with the getting started guide?

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/getting-started.html

and trying to add to it or refactor etc?

> >For logging as the page you mention says, we use Jakarta Commons
> >Logging to enable/disable logging so that you can use it or log4j to
> >configure which logging levels to choose. (e.g. try clicking on the
> >links on that page).
>
> I did read through that link already and from my read understood that
> "DEBUG" being the "highest" level should show everything. That is how I've
> set it currently, but without the results I expected. I'm seeing when a
> consumer thread is created, but not this information which I somehow had
> previously, but don't have now ...
>
> 2006-06-01 11:07:18,311 [main           ] DEBUG ActiveMQSession
> - Sending message: ActiveMQTextMessage {commandId = 0, responseRequired
>  = false, messageId = ID:tps-24066-1149152837861-0:0:1:1:2,
> originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
> ID:tps-24066-114915
> 2837861-0:0:1:1, destination = queue://TEST.FOO, transactionId = null,
> expiration = 0, timestamp = 1149152838310, arrival = 0, correlationId =
> null, r
> eplyTo = null, persistent = false, type = null, priority = 4, groupID =
> null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID
> =
>  null, content = null, marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,
> redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null, readOnlyProperties = tru
> e, readOnlyBody = true, text = Message: 1 sent at: Thu Jun 01 11:07:18 CEST
> 2006
>
> My conf is currently ...
>
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG
>
> Am I mistaken about DEBUG showing all? Or do I have some other
> misunderstanding of the framework?

Ah it could be that we don't log inbound received messages in the
broker; the logging message you were seeing was from the JMS client;
when you are using Stomp there is no JMS client to log.

I've just added to SVN HEAD a logging plugin to make it easy to enable
logging of all messages / acks...

http://activemq.org/site/logging-interceptor.html
--

James