activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Un]reliable:// network of AMQ brokers with Lingo
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:06:05 GMT
On 6/7/06, red3 <alan.biggs@aeso.ca> wrote:

> If you read my original post at the start of the thread you will see that I
> have already read this documentation and that we have the reliable://
> transport in place (AMQ 3), which if you will read the documentation is the
> same as failover:// and was renamed for ActiveMQ 4.
>
> Our problems are with the unreliable behaviour experienced when this
> architecture is in place.

Note that the client side reliable:// in AMQ3 and failover:// in AMQ4
(BTW it was renamed in 4 to make it explicit what it does - failover
to a new connection, thats all) -purely does client side reconnection
- it does not implement HA clustering where messages are replicated to
multiple brokers in case one fails and you loose the disk; only
Master/Slave does that - which is a broker-side configuration.

Though store/forward and Master/Slave depends on the client using failover.

---
James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/