activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker not delivering messages to consumer
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:23:12 GMT
On 6/2/06, Danielius Jurna <danielius@elitnet.lt> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> There've been a few posts on this forum, that broker is not delivering
> messages to the consumer when consumer is slower than producer.
> Recently I also encountered this bug in my application. I've entered Jira
> issue (AMQ-736) for that and a test case which reporduces this error. Can
> someone take a look? This bug was tested on the latest svn verson.
> It is very easy to reproduce it. Just put into persistant broker abaut 10000
> messages and concurrently consume them whith slow consumer. After some time
> some messages are skipped and delivered only on consumer restart. For me
> this is preatty critical bug.

I've applied your test case and your patch now - many thanks.

> P.S. The test case is pretty simple and straightforward. I wonder how such
> bug has slipped into the final release.

Messaging has such a wide variety of options and quality of services
that its pretty hard to get every single scenario tested
automatically; we're trying and we're constantly adding to our
automated testing suite but unfortunately some testing is still manual
and things slip through the net from time to time.

We welcome contributions...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

so I urge folks to review the existing test suite and add to it where
you can think of new things to test - particularly your own messaging
requirements.

--

James
-------