activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection close
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:49:27 GMT
On 6/2/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:

> I have broker with VM connector and I keep one session to this
> connector. After a while I cannot consume messages, I got
> "avax.jms.IllegalStateException: The Session is closed" even if I don't
> close the connection.

Sounds like the connection was closed. You positive you're not closing
it someplace? You're not using Spring's JmsTemplate or anything?

> Is not safe to keep a session opened for a long time?

It should work.

> There is some
> background job that close long running sessions?

We have an inactivity timeout you can enable on a transport which will
close inactive connections on the broker side - other than that no.
--

James
-------