activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messages dispatch policy
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:44:08 GMT
On 6/1/06, ENP <prokopiev@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see many dispatch parameters in activemq.xml, but I can't find any
> documentation exclude very small and uncomplete description in
> http://activemq.org/maven/activemq-4.0-SNAPSHOT.xsd.html and reference to
> message filtering in http://activemq.codehaus.org/Visualisation
>
> Where can I read about it?

All our documentation is available on the website; you could try
googling or just surfing all the pages. The FAQ is a pretty handy
place to navigate the documentation.
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/faq.html

though we could do with some better guides to help folks find stuff

> For example I have many producers which are write to one topic. I need to
> read every message and place it in some other topics/queues depending on
> message content. What is the optimal way to do it?

This is more a JMS question rather than an ActiveMQ question I think.
The first step is to see if wildcards & selectors would do what you
need.

If you want something more complex and you want to take messages from
one destination and use some complex content based routing or
processing to decide where to place them I'd recommend using 1 queue
(rather than a topic) as the input, then have a farm of
MessageConsumer instances consuming the messages and based on the
message contents send them on to other destinations.

If you are using persistent messaging I'd recommend using transactions
for this as its faster
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/should-i-use-transactions.html

For content based routing, transformation and orchestration you could
look at using an ESB like ServiceMix

http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/

--

James