activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: embedded broker and in VM protocol
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:18:58 GMT
On 6/1/06, massive.boisson <massive.boisson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the answer. A lot.
>
> This is what I did and it works (for the benefit of future users).
> (I guess docs say as much.)
>
> Broker started from code, url set to tcp://localhost:61616, name to
> myBroker.
> In the same JVM a producer and consumer with connection urls vm://myBroker.
> (it wouldn't work if I specified vm://localhost:61616. i'd get:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MalformedObjectNameException).

We're probably using the broker name "localhost:61616" and using that
to make an MBean name where : is probably a reserved character.

> In another JVM producer and consumer with connection urls
> tcp://localhost:61616.
>
> It all works as I expect it.
>
> I guess the only other thing that I dont understand is why do I need to set
> transport scheme (tcp://) when specifying broker url. But I'd say this is
> relatively minor.

We support various transport protocols; failover: tcp: vm: peer: so
its up to the client to say how it wants to connect to the brokers &
what host names & ports to use. Though ActiveMQConnectionFactory does
have a sensible default if you just wanna create that POJO and use it

--

James
-------