activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: JBoss Integration
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:31:59 GMT
Hi Bo,

It seems that with that configuration the JCA activation spec stuff is
not being used to deliver messages to JBoss.  JBoss is trying to do
the message delivery itself by setting up a connectionConsumer.  I
would cross post this question to the JBoss mailing lists to find out
why JBoss is trying to create connection consumer if you've configured
the activation spec properties.

On 6/21/06, wconroy <wconroy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create an MDB in jboss that runs off an ActiveMQ queue.
>
> To do this, you apparently need add something like the following into the
> jms-ds.xml file, then you can say in your mdb what provider to use.
>
>   <!-- The ActiveMQ JMS provider loader -->
>   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"
>          name="jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=ActiveMQJMSProvider">
>     <attribute name="ProviderName">ActiveMQJMSProvider</attribute>
>     <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">
>       org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter
>     </attribute>
>     <!-- The combined connection factory -->
>     <attribute
> name="FactoryRef">java:/activemq/QueueConnectionFactory</attribute>
>
>     <!-- The queue connection factory -->
>     <attribute
> name="QueueFactoryRef">java:/activemq/QueueConnectionFactory</attribute>
>
>     <!-- The topic factory -->
>     <attribute
> name="TopicFactoryRef">java:/activemq/QueueConnectionFactory</attribute>
>
>     <!-- Uncomment to use HAJNDI to access JMS
>     <attribute name="Properties">
>        java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
>        java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
>        java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1100
>     </attribute>
>     -->
>   </mbean>
>
> So my mdb is annotated with the following.
> @MessageDriven(activationConfig =
> {
>         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType",
>                      propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
>         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination",
>                      propertyValue="activemq/queue/SecurityChanged"),
>         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="connectionFactoryName",
>                      propertyValue="activemq/QueueConnectionFactory"),
>         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="resourceAdaptorName",
>                      propertyValue="activemq-ra-4.0.rar"),
>         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="providerAdapterJNDI",
>                      propertyValue="java:/ActiveMQJMSProvider")
> })
>
> I get the following exception when running I run my jboss server.
>
> javax.jms.JMSException: Not Supported.
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.ra.ManagedConnectionProxy.createConnectionConsumer(ManagedConnectionProxy.java:221)
>         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreateQueue(MDB.java:530)
>         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreate(MDB.java:454)
>         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerStart(MDB.java:267)
>         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.start(MDB.java:256)
>
> Is there a differenct connection factory i should be using that supports the
> createConnectionConsumer method?  I just have the standard of what comes in
> the activemq-4.0-ra.xml.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bo
> --