activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Igor Bogicevic" <cab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with ActiveMQ with large number of producers/consumers
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:44:55 GMT
hmm... could be but I am definitely not sure what is actually causing
it, what is interesting and I've forgot to mention is that i have
large number of still hanging connections and basically it blocks
producers for some period as rule of thumb. However, I was not able to
reproduce this problem on a small number of producers/consumers. Just
stopping the producers doesn't help and it can be reproduced on
relatively small number of messages being sent to the queue
(1000-2000) and I don't experience this problem if I connect consumers
after some time (about 10k messages), but what really blocks it is
situation when I kill the consumers... I assume that it could be
related to hanging connections, but the problem is that sometimes
broken connections stay present after a very long period of time (at
least with bstat I can see large number of Type = Subscription
elements, that exceeds the connected producers/subscribers if that's
of any relevance).

Thanks,
Igor