activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Igor Bogicevic" <cab...@gmail.com>
Subject problems with ActiveMQ with large number of producers/consumers
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:35:28 GMT
Hi all,

I've been testing ActiveMQ under relatively high load and number of
producers and consumers (50-100 on each side) and I've attached the
code that I have been using for test purposes (it's not really clean
code since it's used for testing purposes only). What happens is when
I launch about 50-60 consumers/producers (they run on a different
boxes) and I start to stop consumer processes, producers tend to block
for a shorter period, if I repeat this process for a while I get to
state where's a whole queue blocked for 1-2h or longer (sometimes for
good).
Is this general performance problem with ActiveMQ or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Igor