activemq-users mailing list archives

From dickd4 <>
Subject OpenWire dotNet client - Receive() not blocking
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:03:34 GMT

Have built the latest OpenWire dotNet client, and am trying to use it with
ActiveMQ 4.0.1. I can connect to the queue fine, but all my attempts to
block until a message has been received are failing. Using the simple test
code below:

ISession session = connection.CreateSession();
IDestination myqueue = session.GetQueue("TEST.FOO");
IMessageConsumer consumer = session.CreateConsumer(myqueue);
ActiveMQTextMessage message =

I would expect this to block until a message is recevied on the queue -
unfortunately it doesn't, and just returns immediately, setting "message" to
null. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message