activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status of connection
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:36:20 GMT

Ok, on second look I found:
ActiveMQConnection.isClosed(), isClosing(), isStarted()
and
ActiveMQSession.isRunning().

So my idea of checking status of connection and session is kinda possible,
but:

If session is running, does it mean that it is generally alive? Or does it
mean that it is currently consuming or producing messages. Also, does it
imply that producer/consumer/messagelistener it holds is well?

Finally, can I call isRunning on session from thread  running the
connection, thus not knowing if another method is being executed? (because
of this: "The close method is the only session method that can be called
while some other session method is being executed in another thread.")

Wow am I confused.
-- MB