activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject status of connection
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:56:45 GMT

Hi,

My app opens a connection to broker in a one thread. Then it opens session &
producer in another thread and finally it opens session & consumer (actually
MessageListener) in third thread.

I want it to be online all the time. So, no timeout periods. I do not plan
to bring down connection, although that obviously could happen.

How can I monitor status of (i) connection, (ii) session and producer in the
2nd thread and (iii) message listener (and session) in the 3rd thread? Does
AMQ API provide some methods that I missed?

But generally, my current idea is to have connection thread be a timer.
First time it runs, it would open up connection and said producer and
consumer and place these into their own threads. Later it would somehow (and
this is what I need help with :)) ask for status of its connection and the
status of the other 2 threads and their sessions. Is this possible? How? Is
there another way?

Also, I understand ActiveMQ will re-connect if it looses connection? What
will happen with producer and message listener consumer and their sessions?

Obviously any help and pointers are welcomed.

And, congratulations for 4.0.1

--MB