activemq-users mailing list archives

From enortham <e...@aiosoft.com>
Subject Clustering Topic Consumers
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:30:43 GMT

Does anybody know if it is possible to have two nodes in an app server
cluster consume messages on the same topic and subscription without
consuming the same messages? Basically I want to use topics in a clustered
app server environment and not have the nodes in the cluster consume the
same messages.

If it's not possible has anyone found any interesting workarounds? I was
thinking of using composite destinations but the downside is that the
producer needs to be updated any time a new consumer would be added.