activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bob Kendall <bekend...@dstoutput.com>
Subject Newbie question about jconsole
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:34:51 GMT

Following the instructions in 'Getting Started', I'm trying to get jconsole
connected to the ActiveMQ broker I've started.

I've used the out-of-the-box installation, which includes useJMX="true" in
the activemq.xml configuration file.

When I start JConsole, I get a message box titled 'JConsole: Connect to
Agent' with the 'Advanced' tab selected.  The JMX URL is
"service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi".  Username and
Password are blank.  A message at the bottom of the box says 'Connection
Failed'.

Three related questions I hope someone can help with:
1. Is the line from the docs the proper way to start jconsole:
jconsole service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi

2.  What username/password should be used?

3.  Can anyone suggest why I'm getting the 'Connection Failed' message?

Thanks,
Bob Kendall