activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Jamie McCrindle" <jamiemccrin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hung connecting to broker
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:22:09 GMT
hiya,

It's happened and here's  a little more info:

> I wonder if you've hit this issue?
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-732

not sure. or at least, those aren't the symptoms I'm seeing. The
output from the broker is:

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\Java\incubator-activemq-4.0\bin\..
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0 JMS Message Broker (localhos
t) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please see:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to service:jmx:r
mi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized: [apache_derby
_embedded_jdbc_driver]
INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovery Started from: Active Jou
rnal: using 5 x 20.0 Megs at: C:\Java\incubator-activemq-4.0\activemq-data\journ
al
INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovered: 1 message(s) in transa
ctions recovered.
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at: tcp://SIM-J
amesM:61616
WARN  MulticastDiscoveryAgent        - brokerName not set
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector default Started
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at: tcp://SIM-J
amesM:61613?wireFormat=stomp
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector stomp Started
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector default Started
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost, I
D:SIM-JamesM-2205-1149180591980-1:0) started
WARN  ManagedTransportConnection     - Failed to unregister mbean: org.apache.ac
tivemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Connection,ConnectorName=default,Connection=9

the stack dump is:

"main" prio=6 tid=0x000379d0 nid=0x93d0 in Object.wait() [0x0007e000..0x0007fc40
]
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        - waiting on <0x02b66278> (a edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurr
ent.CountDownLatch)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch.await(C
ountDownLatch.java:179)
        - locked <0x02b66278> (a edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.
CountDownLatch)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatN
egotiator.java:73)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.ja
va:44)
        - locked <0x02b64098> (a java.lang.Object)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.asyncRequest(Respons
eCorrelator.java:68)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.request(ResponseCorr
elator.java:73)
        at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnect
ion.java:1131)
        at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent(Activ
eMQConnection.java:1219)
        - locked <0x02b602c0> (a org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection)
        at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.start(ActiveMQConnection.java:
435)

I'm not setting a clientId but I'm not using a durable topic either (I
am using an Exclusive consumer, though).

Apologies if this isn't much to go on but I'm at a loss as to what is
happening. Will get source and start debugging soon, though, which
might give me a few more clues.

cheers,
j.