activemq-users mailing list archives

From skarthik <karthik.sethura...@necam.com>
Subject Publish call hangs
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:11:38 GMT

Hi,

We encountered the following problem on our stress test bed which has one
activeMQ server and a number of JMS Client processes. We are using activeMQ
4.0 with persistent messaging.

Under a lot of stress (large volume of messages and large number of
clients/sessions), the activeMQ client processes (which each have multiple
JMS producer and consumer sessions on a single JMS connection) hang up on
the following call trace. The call never returns, even after few hours. Any
ideas?

"CHRcvr-7" prio=6 tid=0x02f47ca0 nid=0xbb0 in Object.wait()
[0x0bb2f000..0x0bb2fae8]
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar.await(CondVar.java:75)
        - locked <0x242c4500> (a
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.take(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:318)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.FutureResponse.getResult(FutureResponse.java:38)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.request(ResponseCorrelator.java:74)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1131)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1555)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:462)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:384)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQTopicPublisher.publish(ActiveMQTopicPublisher.java:151)

 regards
karthik