activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Purcell <>
Subject Re: activeMQ 4 in tomcat.
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:22:44 GMT

I follow up to a point but I have some questions. I'm trying to get a Spring
app to run. I have it running accessing remote queues on a WebLogic server
but ran into problems with connectivity when that server went down (so I'm
using ActiveMQ now James). Here are my questions:

- Should my broker be in the same war as my Spring app?
- If I add the JNDI resources to the Tomcat context.xml then is all I need
to do is change my JNDI references in my Spring applicationContext.xml to
point the new ones in context.xml?
- What about the broker bean? Do I just add its definition to my existing
- What is the mechanism that starts the broker? I've seen references that
say the web console app does this but how?

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message