activemq-users mailing list archives

From romje_mentorj <ro...@javaxpert.com>
Subject Re: Which Open source MOM
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:47:57 GMT

Lalit Nagpal wrote:

> HI,
>
> I am in the hunt of an Open source MOM ... I am not sure which one is
> widely popular and best.
>
> Kindly suggest a location which could give me a comparison for the various
> open source MOM options available. It should have C++ support.
>
> Can anybody tell me why we should use ActiveMQ ... what are the prime
> benefits of this MOM please.

You should first . know that MOM & Open Source is a quite recent love song,
because MOM (MQ-Series or Tuxedo) are old components in huge infrastructures
(bank/telecom)...
In the Java world JMs is the standard for implementing Point to Point or
Pub/Sub messaging paradigms (Request /Response one is not supported)..
JMs can provide you :
- decoupling (with support for different clients)
- independance from vendor (just change your config to switch from one tool
to another)

ActiveMQ will bring you:
* C++ connector (and different other languages like ruby/python/PHP)
* Open Source
* clean architecture
* good internal design ==> several deployment options

Good choice
Jerome