activemq-users mailing list archives

From jerb <j...@bluenotenetworks.com>
Subject list transport with vm
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:36:23 GMT

I'm using 3.2 and I get different behavior when creating a connection using
transport url - "list:(vm://brokername)" than when using "vm://brokername".
The difference appears to be that the former always creates a new embedded
broker while the latter will reuse an existing broker. The result is that
clients intending to use "vm://brokername" as the transport won't be able to
transmit messages to eachother if one of them was configured in  a list.
Looking at the code, the reason appears to be that the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory looks into the brokerContext to check for an
existing broker connector, while the CompositeTransportChannel does not.
Why the difference in behavior?