activemq-users mailing list archives

From romje_mentorj <ro...@javaxpert.com>
Subject Re: Which Open source MOM
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:22:37 GMT

Hi Lalit,
it's a very interesting question...
Anser can guided by some more information:
- what is your context of JMS usage ? J2EE or stand-alone mode (mix of both
solutions)

What are the available products ?
JORAM from Objectweb : rock solid , permit many deployments options even in
embedded contexts, persistance solution is not bad & architecture quite
complex...
OpenJMS (sourceforge project) : very nice for first steps but too simple for
production aware applications
JBOSS MQ : not usable in stand alone (rewriting will permit succh use case)
ActiveMQ of course

may be some others???

ActiveMQ architecture is quite sexy && enables what is the principal
advantage of JMS: strong decoupling between applications with C++ clients
connectors...It's quite young so don't have a strong experience of this
product in production but TCP/IP config is very complete, many connectors &
very ambitious persistance mode. So I can't see any bad thing with this
prroduct. I will deploy it very soon in production here (customer site)..

HTH
Jerome