activemq-users mailing list archives

From sensar <>
Subject Remote Queues - How to?
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:23:03 GMT

I am a newbie

We have a java application that needs to interact with an external
application. We have currently MQ series on either end. We send 'questions'
to a remote queue. This is the queue in the external app but defined as a
remote queue on our MQ series, we send messages to this queue on our side
which internally forwards it to the remote queue. The external app send the
'answer' to our local queue.

Now we are looking to replace MQ series on our end. I am trying do a
proof-of-concept so that we can be confident of replacing MQ series with

Specific questions are
1) How to setup a remote queue in AMQ such that when sent a message it
automatically reaches the queue in the remote broker
2) How to define a channel.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message