activemq-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Swindells <tswinde...@ndsuk.com>
Subject Re: detaching message group affinity
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:16:37 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> On 6/19/06, Sanjiv Jivan <sanjiv.jivan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > 2. Is there a way to detach a message group affinity to a particular
>> broker.
>>
>> >Just set JMSXGroupSeq to zero on the last message which 'closes' the
>> >message group so if another message is sent in the future with the
>> >same group ID it will be reassigned to a new consumer.
>>
>> >message.setIntProperty("JMSXGroupSeq", 0);
>>
>> This would reset all the affinity of all the message groups, right?
>
> No - just the message group for the JMSXGroupId setting.
> I should have been more clear... to clear message group FOO use
>
> message.setStringProperty("JMSXGroupID", "FOO");
> message.setIntProperty("JMSXGroupSeq", 0);

Reading the Message group page
(http://activemq.org/site/message-groups.html) there is probably a minor bug
here in that it would close all messsage groups with the same Hash as "FOO",
although in practice for a well designed system expecting that msg groups
could change this shouldn't be a problem. Of course the chances of a hash
clash for relatively short group id's is pretty tiny.

Thomas