activemq-users mailing list archives

From ychawla <>
Subject ActiveMQ Outputstream message properties
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:42:17 GMT

Hello All,
I am sending a large file using an Active MQ output stream.  I would like to
set message properties on the messages that I am sendingout (they will be
the same for all messages for a particular file).  How can i do this?  Here
is my code snippet.  The reason I need to set properties is because this
file will be dropped in a certain directory after it reaches the queue on
the other machine.

			activeMQOutputStream =
            BufferedInputStream in = new BufferedInputStream(new
            //Couldn't get this working with the buffers... the char by char
read seems fine
            byte[] buf = new byte[32768]; // 32k buffer
            int c = 0;
            do {
                c =,0,32768);
                if (c > 0) activeMQOutputStream.write(buf,0,c);
            } while (c >= 0);
            while ((value = != -1)

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message