activemq-users mailing list archives

From red3 <alan.bi...@aeso.ca>
Subject Re: Temporary Queue behaviour with Networks of Brokers
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:12:31 GMT

James,

Thanks for your quick response and attention to this.
These tests were done on ActiveMQ 4.0 release.

Any other tests you recommend we do?
Is it possible that this is related to why Lingo calls timeout so often in a
network broker scenario?

James.Strachan wrote:

> I've raised an issue to investigate this issue
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-755
>
> I've not had a chance to look in detail at the test code but a few
> initial observations...
>
> * the mere presence of a queue on one broker does not imply it is
> replicated to every other broker in network; things tend to move on a
> demand basis; so a message typicaly has to move from one to the other.
>
> * similarly the admin view of brokers do not update automatically on
> restart; destinations are lazily loaded or created as they are used
> (producers/consumers are created on the broker).
>
>> We integrated ActiveMQ 4.0 into our project this week and ran the JMX
>> jconsole to look at our broker network.
>>
>> We believe that two things are happening:
>>
>> 1) Temporary queues are not being cleaned up properly on all brokers.
>>
>> 2) Temporary queues are not being created on a new broker when it is
>> taken
>> down and then restarted.

What about queue clean up? Are we correct in assuming that temporary queues
should be cleaned up when no longer in use?

Cheers,
Alan