activemq-users mailing list archives

From JeanMarie Mariadassou <jean...@yahoo.com>
Subject Any known issues with Message selectors?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:54:54 GMT

I'm having troublw using a message selector to receive specific messages.

I've set a message property in my producer app:
message.setStringProperty("TXN_ID","007");

And in my consumer app, I have something like
String selector = "TXN_ID >= 007";
consumer = session.createConsumer(requestQueue, selector);
connection.start();
BytesMessage message = (BytesMessage) consumer.receive(10000);

I see the property in the queue when I use a tool like jconsole, but my
consumer does not seem to receive this message. In fact, if I change my
consumer to fetch without a selector, I can see the property using
message.getStringPropert("TXN_ID").

Am I missing something here?
-JeanMarie