activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject sync vs async sends (was Re: AMQ4.0-M2: Explanation for observed low t)
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:58:18 GMT

Hi all;

In one topic I saw this:

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> sync send means that the send method blocks until the broker confirms
> that the message has been persisted on disk.
> Regards,
> Hiram

In docs it says (http://activemq.org/site/async-sends.html):
"The cases that we are forced to send in sync mode are when persistent
messages are being sent outside of a transaction."

To confirm, if I am sending a persistent transacted message, the default
setting is async?
Can I make it sync by doing jms.useAsyncSend=false?

Semi related question: when async send is used, is there a way to find out
if the send was successful or not with some kind of ExceptionListener or
something?

Thanks,
-- MB