activemq-users mailing list archives

From skarthik <karthik.sethura...@necam.com>
Subject Re: 4.0 Consumer OutOfMemoryError bug?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:52:39 GMT

Thanks James,

It looks like batch acknowledgement was the problem. Once
omtimizeAcknowledgeis turned OFF, the consumer memory never grows beyond 1-2
MB which is what were expecting. We did NOT have to tune the prefetch size
(which BTW we found out is 32000 by default).

 I don't know what is the algorithm used for determining when the grouped
messages need to be acknowledged, but if in case you guys are going to
revisit it, maybe it should take available heap size into consideration
(just a suggestion).

Thanks again for your time.

karthik