activemq-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Swindells <tswinde...@ndsuk.com>
Subject Re: [Un]reliable:// network of AMQ brokers with Lingo
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:37:04 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> Yes. Ultimately we'd like a quorum based system where you could have a
> cluster of N nodes, say N=3 so that so long as 2 broker nodes are
> communicating, you are fine and the 1 broker node that can't see
> anyone else would shut down - then you can handle network splits OK.
>
> Until we get there I'd recommend running clients on different machines
> to the master/slave broker unless you are prepared to handle network
> splits manually when they occur.

Has there been any design work on doing this, or (more importantly) on
automatic replication of state between brokers such that a master can become
a slave to the (old) slave when it comes back up (so that it would actually
be possible to use it in a HA system). Has there been any
designs/brainstorms on how this synchronization should occour/the
appropraite data gathered?

Thomas