activemq-users mailing list archives

From pauldale <paul.d...@traxon.com>
Subject Re: getting more debug information?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:13:30 GMT

>> Perhaps a user's guide?
> I'm afraid not.

If I were to write up a skeleton "getting started" sort of document with
indications of where things are a bit hazy would you (or someone else?) be
willing to flesh it out?

>For logging as the page you mention says, we use Jakarta Commons
>Logging to enable/disable logging so that you can use it or log4j to
>configure which logging levels to choose. (e.g. try clicking on the
>links on that page).

I did read through that link already and from my read understood that
"DEBUG" being the "highest" level should show everything. That is how I've
set it currently, but without the results I expected. I'm seeing when a
consumer thread is created, but not this information which I somehow had
previously, but don't have now ...

2006-06-01 11:07:18,311 [main           ] DEBUG ActiveMQSession
- Sending message: ActiveMQTextMessage {commandId = 0, responseRequired
 = false, messageId = ID:tps-24066-1149152837861-0:0:1:1:2,
originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
ID:tps-24066-114915
2837861-0:0:1:1, destination = queue://TEST.FOO, transactionId = null,
expiration = 0, timestamp = 1149152838310, arrival = 0, correlationId =
null, r
eplyTo = null, persistent = false, type = null, priority = 4, groupID =
null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID
=
 null, content = null, marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,
redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null, readOnlyProperties = tru
e, readOnlyBody = true, text = Message: 1 sent at: Thu Jun 01 11:07:18 CEST
2006

My conf is currently ...

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG

Am I mistaken about DEBUG showing all? Or do I have some other
misunderstanding of the framework?

Thanks again,

Paul