activemq-users mailing list archives

From drystone <dryst...@mailinator.com>
Subject Using ActiveMQ embedded sever for Testing
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:05:56 GMT

Hi,
I am sorry if this is a question that has been asked before but I could not
find anything that could help me after a lengthly search.

I would like to use ActiveMQ embedded server as a server for integration
testing of my JMS code. Please can somebody give me a description of how I
would set this up.  I expect that I would need to create a BrokerService
using the url vm://localhost:port.  I am not sure what the BrokerService
will give me except that it will listen on that port.  How do I set up a
queue in code for the BrokerService to support.  I do not want to use a
property file or xml config file. The properties will be loaded using a
different mechanism.

Once this is setup do I just use the normal JMS mechanisms to put and get
things from the queue.

Any response will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks for your Help.