activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Co <...@exist.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:40:29 GMT
Hi,

I've encountered this previously, and in my case the exception is caused
by sending a large string data as a property of a MapMessage or as an
ObjectMessage. When AMQ serializes these data, it uses
DataOutputStream.writeUTF which is limited to 65535 characters only. To
send really large text data, I'd recommend using TextMessage which can
handle GB of characters. Though I don't know if this is the case for you. :)

Regards,
Adrian Co