activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: AMQ 4 release
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:40:50 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> On 6/15/06, yaussy <yaussy@cboe.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had this question in a JIRA issue, but thought I should take it
>> here and
>> not muddy the JIRA issue.
>>
>> I'd asked Hiram about the 4.0 release.  I am only finding it as
>> "incubator-activemq-4.0", which means that the activemq jar within
>> the tar
>> is incubator-activemq-4.0.jar.  Seems odd that the official distribution
>> would be this way, right?
>
> Its a requirement of being in the Incubator that the tarballs include
> that text.
>
> Once we are out of the incubator we can drop it from future releases.

At Yoko, we're naming our jars:

yoko-core-1.0-incubator.jar.

This more accurately reflects the fact that this _version_ was created
while the project was under incubation.  Plus, users don't have to run
around and change their artifact ids when we graduate.  Was this
considered for AMQ?  I don't recall at this moment.

Regards,
Alan