activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher G. Stach II" <...@ldsys.net>
Subject Re: Recovering after failure in Master/Slave configuration
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:41:46 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> On 6/12/06, ENP <prokopiev@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:
>>
>> Need I do the same if a master goes absent due to network failure and
>> clients
>> reconnect to slave?
>
> Yes - any disconnection of the master is considered a failure of the
> master.

As I learned in a similar thread, this is actually "any disconnection of
the master FROM THE SLAVE is considered a failure of the master."  This
is because the slave doesn't accept connections until the master
disappears.  So, just because the clients can't reach the master does it
mean that they will successfully switch to the slave.

--
Christopher G. Stach II