activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher G. Stach II" <...@ldsys.net>
Subject Re: Every other remote call fails with NoSuchMethodException
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:24:42 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> On 3/24/06, Christopher G. Stach II <cgs@ldsys.net> wrote:
>> James Strachan wrote:
>>> Ah yes - the queue can contain any messages of any type; so make sure
>>> in Lingo-land to use a different queue per message type.
>>>
>>> If it helps, we could get Lingo to add the method name as a JMS header
>>> - then you could use JMS selectors when you bind a queue to a service;
>>> so that the JMS selector would filter out only the right method
>>> invocations
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>> I would have a use for multiple interfaces on the same queue, as well.
>>
>> This is a little off topic, but it reminded me of something.  Could you
>> also get Lingo to participate in JTA transacted JMS sessions for one-way
>> asynchronous calls so that the queue only releases the messages when the
>> transaction commits?  Please? :)  We had to go back to using JmsTemplate
>> because of this limitation.
>
> Sure - it should be pretty easy to do - we'd just need to hack the
> code to support XA sessions & transaction enlistment etc

James:

Has there been any development on either of these issues?  We're
_really_ wanting to toss JmsTemplate, but we also need something that is
transacted.  If it's really easy, could it even get into a Lingo
snapshot soon?  The multiple interfaces would be nice and would trim our
configuration a bit, but it's not a show stopper.  Thanks.

--
Christopher G. Stach II