activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: consumers stop when queue is full
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 12:21:28 GMT
If you want to deal with bursts of fast producers and if it takes a
long time to process messages on the queue then you either need to
allocate lots of RAM for the non-durable queues to be able to use -
otherwise the non-durable queues will run out of RAM - or a better
option is just to use durable queues which can deal with huge queues
(millions of messages on the queue) without any issue.

If you have a problem with the performance of producers on a durable
queue - and you kinda want the semantics of non-durable queues - just
enable asynchronous sending which means your producers will be about
the same high performance as non-durable queues - but you will be able
to deal with very fast producers and slow consumers very nicely.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/async-sends.html