activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: How can I examine destinations
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 17:30:23 GMT
On 5/23/06, JeanMarie Mariadassou <> wrote:
> Folks,
> Is there some kind of a monitoring application/tool that would allow one to
> take a look at what's happening in a running ActiveMQ? jconsole seems to be
> merely scratching the surface here.

It depends what you want. Lets get a list of requirements and we can
figure out the best way foward...

> I would like to see statistical information such as the number of messages
> passing through a given queue or topic

Those kinds of statistics are available on the MBeans...

> as well as trouble-shooting
> information like the contents of a message.

The activemq-web-console allows you to send messages to queues, view
the statistics and browser the queues in HTML or RSS/Atom. Or there's
HermesJms which allows you to do the same.

The command line tools can help some too

What other stuff do you need?

View raw message