activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove all messages from a queue
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 21:45:53 GMT
On 5/15/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Since I use embedded JMS is not necessary to activate also JMX,

JMX is extremely useful. e.g. in JConsole you can watch all of the
mbeans in an application (the garbage collector, number of threads,
amount of memory free together wtih the ActiveMQ mbeans such as all
the destinations & consumers and queue depths etc

>  and JMX
> MBeans already use those parts to interrogate for values outside the JMS
> standard. Why not to be accessible with Java code and only JMX?

Everything is accessible via Java code and JMX; the reason I suggest JMX is that

(i) it can work with remote brokers too
(ii) it works great in JConsole - so its really easy to look at the
mbeans whenever you like (rather than having to write Java code)

--

James
-------