activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: JMS ACtiveMQ standalone client to connect to sun AppServer ed.8
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 13:31:06 GMT
On 5/11/06, E.W <> wrote:
> Hi
> I have configured some JMS connection factories and destination resources
> following the sun jms examples and i am now trying to send and receive
> messages from a standalone client using activemq.
> To start doing that i initialize the ActiveMQInitialContextFactory with this
> parameters:
> JNDIVendorAdapter.CONNECTION_FACTORY_JNDI_NAME, "jms/TopicConnectionFactory"
> "org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
> "JNDIVendorAdapter.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:7676"
> "brokerURL", "tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:7676"
> RemoteSunServerAdress:7676 correspond to the adress/port of the sun jms
> broker.
> And when i lookup using the context i can not find the names that i have
> configured on the server side.Do i miss something ?

Do you have a stack trace BTW?

Incidentally there is no JNDI server remotely that is being accessed;
its purely a client side only JNDI - so the PROVIDER_URL is the
protocol, host and port that will be used to try connect directly to
the ActiveMQ broker.

So are you running an ActiveMQ broker on box remoteSunServerAdress
with port 7676?

If you run the activemq binary script that comes with the binary
distro and haven't changed the config files the URL you should use is
probably tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:61616

View raw message