activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a list of active topics from a JMS client
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 00:32:14 GMT
On 5/10/06, chris24 <ilkt24@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I try to copy those examples in my Java code, I get address already in use
> errors. I apologize if I am missing something here. Should I point embedded
> broker code the running mq instance (i.e. tcp://XXXXX)?

So try using a different port.

Note that those examples create a new broker - so stop the other
broker thats running (the one I think you were starting via JNDI)

> Environment:
> I currently start the mq broker on it's own using activemq, then I run the
> code I posted in the previous post to connect and publish and subscribe. I
> need to be able to present a list of topics on the client side so the user
> can select what they want to subscribe to.

I'd run an embedded broker for now - its easier. Another option is to
connect remotely to the remote broker using a JMX connector. So you'd
use the JMX API to query the queues on a possibly remote broker

--

James
-------